NOTICE: All presbytery Email addresses (@presbycc.org) are back on as of Wednesday afternoon. Emails did not appear to bounce back if they were sent during the outage. (From Saturday 10/8 to Wednesday 10/12 the email system was down.) Please resend any email sent to us during that time.
The Fall Presbytery Meeting has been rescheduled for Saturday, October 29, 2016 at First Presbyterian Church, Whiteville.
Continuing Education Opportunities
Continuing Education Saturdays – The Elder Ministries Committee will Host Continuing Education Events for Ministers, CREs, and any other church members:
- Prophets of the Exile – Saturday, November 12, 2016 from 10:00 to 3:00 led by Dr. Bob Bankhead
- Stewardship and Pastoral Care – Saturday, January 14, 2017 from 10:00 to 3:00 led by Rev. John Causey
Any and all of these classes/lectures/seminars will count towards the 20 hours of continuing education credits required for QREs and CREs.
***** WEBSITE TIP: To find various subject articles please use the Search box on the left side with a keyword.
PCC is Located in the southeastern portion of North Carolina, this presbytery includes the counties of Bladen, Brunswick, Carteret, Columbus, Cumberland, Duplin, Harnett, Hoke, Jones, Lee, Moore, New Hanover, Onslow, Pender, Robeson, Sampson, and Scotland and portions of Lenoir, Wayne, Montgomery and Craven counties.
- 188 Churches
- 5 Hispanic Mission Centers
- 2 Hispanic Churches
- An active Youth Council
- 26,947 Church Members (12/2013)
- 14 Certified Church Educators
- 30 Elders serving as commissioned ruling elders (CRE)
- 230 Resident Ministers
- Over 200 volunteers serving on 15 Presbytery committees
- a COM that works in three community groups
- 3 full-time Mission Coordinators who support the Community sub-groups in mission and ministry
- 2 Presbytery meetings each year and one Community (regional) meeting in each area per year (East, West, Central Communities)
- 8 or more candidates for ministry
- 35 or more ruling elders qualified to serve as Commissioned Ruling Elders but not commissioned.
- 1 Outstanding Resource Center (The “Library” of Presbytery)
- 1 year round camp and retreat center (Monroe Camp)
Educational Events held through the year.
Youth Ministry Events for the whole Presbytery.
Learn more by exploring this site.