Presbytery Meeting March 3, 2018
Pastors’ Retreat April 29- May 2 at Monroe Camp, $75/person
Trent at Montreat
“Your Heart’s Desire” – April 16 – 19, 2018
Trent@Montreat is a conference for people in the beginning stages of ministry. It’s about honing in on those practical aspects of ministry that you just can’t learn in seminary. Do you need help dealing with staff? Do you want to be able to jump into a strategic planning process without reading a million best practices that might not even work for your church? Do you want to focus on youth, young adults, social justice, or education? Do you just want to explore new paths with Paul Roberts? Come with a focus, leave with a plan – Trent@Montreat is built for you.
A full list of workshops, leadership, registration, and additional information can be found at www.montreat.org/trent.
The event is happening 4/16/18-4/19/18 and comprehensive rates (conference fee, lodging, and food) begin at only $322 per person.
Responding to Recent Hurricanes
Even before Hurricane Matthew swept over our area last year Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA) had already reached out to us offering technical, spiritual, and financial assistance. Their partnership has continued to bless us and our communities ever since.
If you are wondering how to respond to Hurricanes Irma, Maria and Harvey there is certainly no better way than to join PDA in their “stand in the GAP” process: Give, Act, and Pray! Financial donations given through PDA are multiplied in their effectiveness as Presbyterians across the nation join in long-term recovery efforts.
Click here to see how PDA uses funds given in response to disasters.
|Through your church
Mark gifts for PDA-Irma
Presbyterian Church (USA)
Call (800) 872-3283
Make checks to
“Presbyterian Church (USA)”
Text to give
Text “PDA” to 20222 to give $10 to the PDA General Relief account
Bill Reinhold, General Presbyter
***** WEBSITE TIP: To find various subject articles please use the Search box on the left side with a keyword.
PCC is Located in the southeastern portion of North Carolina, this presbytery includes the counties of Bladen, Brunswick, Carteret, Columbus, Cumberland, Duplin, Harnett, Hoke, Jones, Lee, Moore, New Hanover, Onslow, Pender, Robeson, Sampson, and Scotland and portions of Lenoir, Wayne, Montgomery and Craven counties.
- 182 Churches
- 5 Hispanic Mission Centers
- 4 Hispanic Churches
- An active Youth Council
- 23,000 Church Members (12/2016)
- 14 Certified Church Educators
- 30 Elders serving as commissioned ruling elders (CRE)
- 225 Resident Ministers
- Over 50 volunteers serving on Presbytery committees
- a COM that works in three community groups
- 3 full-time Mission Coordinators who support the Community sub-groups in mission and ministry
- 2 Presbytery meetings each year and two Community (regional) meeting in each area per year (East, West, Central Communities)
- 8 or more candidates for ministry
- 40 or more ruling elders qualified to serve as Commissioned Ruling Elders but not commissioned.
- 1 Outstanding Resource Center (The “Library” of Presbytery)
- 1 year round camp and retreat center (Monroe Camp, www.Monroecamp.org)
Educational Events held through the year.
Youth Ministry Events for the whole Presbytery.
Learn more by exploring this site.