Responding to Hurricane Irma (and Harvey)
Even before Hurricane Matthew swept over our area last year Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA) had already reached out to us offering technical, spiritual, and financial assistance. Their partnership has continued to bless us and our communities ever since.
If you are wondering how to respond to Hurricanes Irma (and Harvey) there is certainly no better way than to join PDA in their “stand in the GAP” process: Give, Act, and Pray! Financial donations given through PDA are multiplied in their effectiveness as Presbyterians across the nation join in long-term recovery efforts.
Click here to see how PDA uses funds given in response to disasters.
While we continue to rebuild our communities (with PDA’s help) let us reach out to our sisters and brothers in the Caribbean, Florida and George, as well as Texas and Louisiana as others reached out to us last year.
Gifts can be given through your local congregation and forwarded to the Presbytery Office or directly to PDA.
On Wednesday September 6th, the Category 5 Irma, packing winds of 185 mph, tore through the northern Lesser Antilles and Virgin Islands, as well as Puerto Rico. PDA has been in constant communication with communities in its path.
PDA has been in touch with the leadership of the Synod of Boriquen (Puerto Rico) and the Presbyteries of San Juan, Noroeste (Northwest) and Suroeste (Southwest) to share contact information and grant information.
PDA is also in touch with the Florida Presbyterian Disaster Assistance Network (FLAPDAN), which is a mutually agreed upon partnership between six presbyteries in Florida. This is a unique platform in which PDA can relate to all six presbyteries at once for disaster situational awareness.
Gifts can be designated to DR000194-Irma. Click here to give online, or see below for other giving information (e.g. where to mail checks and how to give via phone).
Designate your gift
Give to the Irma disaster relief effort designate “DR000194-Irma” on your check or offering envelope. (To give to Harvey disaster relief effort put “DR000169-Harvey” on your check.)
|Through your church
Mark gifts for PDA-Irma
Presbyterian Church (USA)
Call (800) 872-3283
Make checks to
“Presbyterian Church (USA)”
Text to give
Text “PDA” to 20222 to give $10 to our General Relief account
Bill Reinhold, General Presbyter
- October 28, 2017; Music in Worship, In Elizabethtown. Please Pre-register.
- October 29, 2017, 3PM, Enhancing The Present Word Class led by Ron Crossley and Elizabeth Forester, at John Hall Presbyterian Church, Carthage NC. Contact Laura Lupton
- East Community Training Event Saturday Nov 4, 2017. Contact Nancy Gladden
- Officer Training in West Community: Nov 11, 2017 and January 20, 2018 (Details TBA) Contact Laura Lupton
Next Full Presbytery Meeting
October 14, 2017 at First Presbyterian Church of Fayetteville
***** WEBSITE TIP: To find various subject articles please use the Search box on the left side with a keyword.
PCC is Located in the southeastern portion of North Carolina, this presbytery includes the counties of Bladen, Brunswick, Carteret, Columbus, Cumberland, Duplin, Harnett, Hoke, Jones, Lee, Moore, New Hanover, Onslow, Pender, Robeson, Sampson, and Scotland and portions of Lenoir, Wayne, Montgomery and Craven counties.
- 184 Churches
- 5 Hispanic Mission Centers
- 3 Hispanic Churches
- An active Youth Council
- 26,947 Church Members (12/2013)
- 14 Certified Church Educators
- 30 Elders serving as commissioned ruling elders (CRE)
- 215 Resident Ministers
- Over 100 volunteers serving on 10 Presbytery committees
- a COM that works in three community groups
- 3 full-time Mission Coordinators who support the Community sub-groups in mission and ministry
- 2 Presbytery meetings each year and one Community (regional) meeting in each area per year (East, West, Central Communities)
- 8 or more candidates for ministry
- 40 or more ruling elders qualified to serve as Commissioned Ruling Elders but not commissioned.
- 1 Outstanding Resource Center (The “Library” of Presbytery)
- 1 year round camp and retreat center (Monroe Camp)
Educational Events held through the year.
Youth Ministry Events for the whole Presbytery.
Learn more by exploring this site.