Here’s the #1 most important way for your church to be seen online:
Update your church’s Google Places and Bing Page
- Make your church pop up on Google Maps and Google searches.
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- TIME REQUIRED: 5-20 minutes for Google, same for Bing
- COST: Free
- RIGHT FOR MY CHURCH? YES, absolutely every church should do this!
CLICK TO EDIT CHURCH GOOGLE PAGE
CLICK TO EDIT CHURCH BING PAGE
Have a good photo or two of the church ready to upload, as well as know which email and website to put down (or look up the web address of your church listing from the Presbytery and use it for your “website”).
How do I get started?
1) Ask pastor, clerk or someone your session approves to be responsible for listing the correct information. This person should:
2) Click Here to go to the Google Places website
3) Sign in to your Google Account, or make one if you don’t have one.
If your church does not have an email address for the church, this is a perfect time to get started.
5) Edit the basic information:
Phone, Physical Address, Email (perhaps the pastor, secretary or clerk…whoever checks their email often), website, (note: if you don’t have website, you can put the link the your church’s page in the Presbytery listing here), Additional description mentioning worship times, handicap accessibility, nursery, anything that might help, and photos / videos of your church.
6) click SUBMIT button at bottom.