Enter the Peacemaking Essay $1,000 Scholarship Contest for High School Seniors
The Peacemaking Subcommittee will offer
two $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors enrolling in college by the fall of 2016.
The Peacemaking Subcommittee of Coastal Carolina Presbytery
will offer two $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors
enrolling in college by the fall of 2016.
Rules for Scholarship Consideration:
1. The student must be a senior in high school.
2. The student must be a member of a Presbyterian Church in Coastal Carolina Presbytery.
3. The student is asked to submit an essay in response to the following question:
How have you participated in God’s work of peacemaking in the past and what is your vision for participating in peacemaking in the future?
4. Essay must be typed, properly referenced, not exceed 1,000 words and include the student’s name, contact information, home church, and college they are attending.
5. All essays must be received by May 15. *Email submission is preferred.*
6. The scholarship winners will be notified and then presented with their award at a June community presbytery meeting.
Essays may be submitted to:
Rev. Whitney Wilkinson
Cameron Presbyterian Church
P.O. Box 68
Cameron, NC 28326
Essays Due May 15, 2016
Contact Rev. Whitney Wilkinson, Cameron Presbyterian, for more information.