Overview of The Presbyterian Women of Presbytery
CALENDAR HIGHLIGHTS 2016-2017:
In all the below listings, MODERATOR mailings are to be sent to:
Moderator Priscilla Brower, 306 Brower Road, Cameron, NC 28326;
TREASURER mailings are to be sent to:
Galatia Presbyterian Church, Attn: Debbie Dawson, PWCC Treasurer, 8800 Galatia Church Road, Fayetteville, NC 28304, email@example.com*.
Other recipients as noted. All “Forms” referenced are available for photocopying and use in the 2016-2017 Handbook for Moderators in the Congregation, at the page number(s) provided.
- Due Jan. 31, 2017 – Annual Reports to Moderator [page 23];
- Due Jan. 31, 2017 – 2016 Historian’s Questionnaire (only) to Acting Historian Jeanne Anderson, P.O. Box 465, Olivia, NC 28368 [pages 30-31];
- Due Jan. 31, 2017 – Completed 2016 Deceased Members Form to Facilitator of Spiritual Nurture, Joan Edson, 1362 Maryland Court, Sanford, NC 27332 [page 32].
- February 13, 2017, LORENA CLARK PINER SCHOLARSHIP application deadline
We hope to send to each PW group a copy of the very helpful “Guidelines for Presbyterian Women… for submitting Church Histories to the Presbytery Historian.” In the meantime, you might consider joining with one or more other local churches to purchase a box of the required ‘acid-free’ or 100% cotton bond paper.
Additional items coming up soon are:
- Submission of Lorena Clark Pine Scholarship Nominee [pages 35-37];
- PW Honorary Life Membership Order Form [page 33].
- PWCC CT Treasurer, Debbie Dawson, reminds us all to allow ample time – 6-8 weeks – for processing and mailing of pin and presentation certificate. *Please correct email address [page 7]; and
- 2017 Annual Spring Gathering (April 2017).
The next scheduled meeting of the PWCC Coordinating Team is Saturday, February 11th in Elizabethtown. Please speak with or write your Regional Communicator with any ideas, comments or concerns you’d like brought before the assembled Team.
REPORT FROM THE 2016 FALL GATHERING
Our first item is a sincere thank-you to the gracious hosting by the Presbyterian Women of First Presbyterian Church, Lumberton, of our 2016 Fall Gathering. Through their commitment and effort, every needed detail of the day was met and exceeded.
Rev. Judy Yates Siker, author of 2016-2017 Horizons Bible Study, “Who is Jesus? What a Difference a Lens Makes,” shared with the 187 or so women in attendance a behind-the-scenes view of the process begun in 2012 to bring this work to publication. As she shared her inspirations, she engaged the audience in contributing their thoughts and perspectives. All of which enhanced their abilities to lead their own circles in study.
Additionally, numerous workshops were offered in PW topics and Coordinating Team Facilitators set up displays and materials to further enhance the day’s experience. An offering for the designated “Wells for Ghana” project was received which totaled $1217, an amount sufficient to purchase a complete well set-up. God be praised!
Wishing you all Peace each Day,
Betty Robinson, Communicating Secretary for the PWCC Coordinating Team
For Upcoming Events and Announcements, please contact your Presbyterian Women Regional Communicator (open the roster above)
PW Resources & Forms:
- Lorena Clark Piner scholarship information (2017)
- Remittance Form
- Annual Report Form
- Mission Pledge Form
- Historian Report (PW) Form
- Historian Helps for PW Historians
- PW Constitution and Bylaws
- PW Expense Voucher for CT