Come to the PW Spring Gathering
For Presbyterian Women (USA) in Coastal Carolina Presbytery
Saturday, April 22, 2017
at St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church,
1416 Market Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
Visit the host-church website at:
- Doors will open at 8:15 AM
- Morning Coffee/Tea & Tasty Refreshments in Brown Hall starting at 8:30ish AM
- Registration (sign-in) opens in Brown Hall by 9:00 AM and closes at 9:45 AM
- Arrive early to enjoy the visual art display and to visit mission & ministry display tables
- Plenary begins at 10:00 AM in the Sanctuary
- On offering will be taken during plenary for a ministry which will be announced in a following email.
Even if you are not an active member of a PW Circle, come anyway! You are a woman in the Presbyterian Church (USA), it will be a great day to mingle, meet, and greet your sisters in the faith and to hear what Presbyterian Women, Inc. is all about! No pressure. We are just the continuation of women in ministry that began over 100 years ago! There may even be some attendees who are 100 years old!
Women will be traveling hours, some staying overnight, to be together for this brief but important even.
Our gathering will be in the Easter season…
- a time of renewal and rebirth,
- a time to remember the women who came before us,
- a time to learn of ministry and mission opportunities,
- and a time to plan for the future.
Come be part of the renewing of our friendships and meet women you might never otherwise have an opportunity to meet because we live so far from one another.
Let this be an intentional time of travel for the express purpose of reaffirming our unity in Christ Jesus and our commitment to spreading the gospel of Love in Christ!
The speaker for the April 22, 2017 Presbyterian Women Annual Spring Gathering…
The Reverend LaVera Parato.
LaVera is the minister at Antioch Presbyterian Church in Jacksonville, NC. She enjoys singing and hiking. She enjoys reading so MUCH, it’s hard to pick her favorite! She also likes movies, including Little Women, Mary Poppins and the comedy adventure movie, The Princess Bride, (which, frankly, pegs her as an optimistic person who enjoys life!)
Find out more about LaVera, her ministry, and her mission at the following websites. On her church website is a link to hear audio recordings of her sermons and to read her blogs. Enjoy!
Antioch Presbyterian Church website http://antiochpresbyterian.weebly.com/
The Antioch Presbyterian Church Facebook page. You can catch a glimpse of LaVera in a photograph.
LaVera’s blog: Minister’s Musings http://pastorparato.blogspot.com/
Invite a friend and mention to the moderator at your church that you will be planning to attend.
Display your visual arts creation at the PW Spring Gathering.
We are pleased to have the opportunity to display paintings, fiber arts and photography for the Annual Spring Gathering of Presbyterian Women in Coastal Carolina Presbytery. The Gathering will include all the Presbyterian churches in the Coastal Carolina Presbytery and will be held on Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 10 AM – 1:30 PM at St. Andrews Covenant Church, 1416 Market Street, Wilmington, NC 28401. It will be a wonderful day celebrating and worshiping with women and we hope all of the artists will not only bring their art work but enjoy this special time together on Saturday.
If you would like to share your original artwork or artwork you have perhaps inherited or acquired, then read the guidelines below. Once the church offices close on Friday afternoon, the building will be secured for the night. The doors will open at 8:15 AM on Saturday morning as attendees begin to arrive.
Guidelines for Art Display
- Bring 1 or 2 pieces of artwork for display to Brown Hall (the fellowship hall) at St. Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian on Friday, April 21 between 2 – 4 PM, entering the church from 15th Street. (There will be signage)
- Pick-up is Saturday, April 22 between 1 – 2 PM following Plenary. (storage is not available for keeping it longer)
- Have work framed and ready to hang with a longer than usual wire on the back.
- If you desire to have your piece displayed on an easel, please provide the easel as well.
- Have a card with your name and phone number taped to the back of your work.
- Thinking about how these visuals are a reflection of the love God has for us, for others we meet, and in our creativity, provide a Bible verse on a small card that reflects your artwork. We are planning to put the verse on display beside your piece.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
We look forward to this day of fellowship, worship and celebration!