“Seek Peace and pursue it.” Proverbs 34:14
The Mozell Howie 2021 Peacemaking Scholarship for High School Seniors
The Peacemaking Committee of Coastal Carolina Presbytery
will offer two scholarships to high school seniors enrolling in college by the fall of 2021. (1) $500 and (1) $400 Scholarship will be awarded.
All essays must be received by Tuesday, June 15.
Rules for Scholarship Consideration:
The Peacemaking Committee of Coastal Carolina Presbytery will offer two scholarships to high school seniors enrolling in college by the fall of 2021. Rules for Scholarship Consideration:
1. The student must be a graduating high school senior. The student must be active in a Presbyterian Church in Coastal Carolina Presbytery.
2. The student shall compose and submit an essay in response to the following question:
What do you see as the most pressing peacemaking issue of concern to you, and how will you seek to address it through your studies and beyond?
3. Essay must be typed, properly referenced, approximately 1,000 words. Proper grammar and proofreading improve the rating of an application. PDF or Word Document is acceptable.
4. The submission shall include the
- student’s name,
- grade level,
- contact information (phone, email and
- name of home church with the city of the church, and
- college they will be attending.
5. Submit essay & student information to LauraLupton@presbycc.org,
email subject: Peacemaking Scholarship.
6. All essays must be received by Tuesday, June 15, 2021. All email submissions will be acknowledged. If you do not get a reply, please call and verify receipt.
7. The winners will be notified by July 10. Funds awarded will be sent directly to the college or university.
Scholarship Essays must be submitted to:
Laura Lupton at LauraLupton@presbycc.org
All entries will be acknowledged. If you do not receive an acknowledgement, please call 910-818-9938
NOTE: This scholarship is funded by the PCUSA Peace and Global witness Offering. The participation in that offering as low in 2021 so the scholarship award this year is smaller. Please encourage your church to participate in the Peace and Global Witness offering each October. Learn more here.