Presbytery Meeting Information
Packets & Digest
Summer Community Gatherings:
- June 30, 2018 (First Presbyterian , Wilmington)
- The theme for our June gathering is “Walk the Talk.” We are excited to put our faith into action as we spend the morning serving together on Mission projects in the Wilmington area.
Register for the East Gathering now here.
This registration includes picking your mission group (see below for the descriptions)
Pre-Registration is needed by June 24
- Join the East Community of Coastal Carolina Presbytery as we gather to Start the Day with a Brief Devotion and Sending Service
then “Walk the Talk” by Serving on One of Eight Mission Projects in the City of Wilmington
· Regather at First Wilmington for Lunch
· Reflect on the Day in the Context of Worship
· Meet Briefly to Do the Business of the Presbytery
- Projects include:
- Cleaning and painting new windows at the Community Counseling Center
- Sorting and counting diapers at the Diaper Bank (transportation provided)
- Two TBD projects for agencies at the Harrelson Center (transportation provided)
- Sorting and organizing food donations at the Good Shephard Center (transportation provided)
- Assemble Hygiene and School Kits for Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (at 1st Presbyterian)
- Making sleep mats for the homeless, a mission of The Bridge (at 1st Presbyterian)
- Knitting or crocheting prayer shawls for Stitch Together (at 1st Presbyterian)
- Each mission opportunity is described in more detail once you click the green Register button above. Transportation will be provided from First Wilmington to the mission site (and back) where necessary.
- Contact Nancy Gladden for More Information & to register (registration uses EventBright)
- June 2 (at First Spring Lake)
Central Meeting Packet
Update to Meeting Packet
- June 2 (at First Spring Lake)
- Contact Clarence Page for More Information
- June 9, 2018 (at Monroe Camp and Retreat Center)
- Theme: Expanding Our Welcome, Deepening our Hospitality
- Keynote Speaker & Presenter: Derek Maul of Raleigh
- Offering Received in support of Monroe Camp & Retreat Center
- Pre-Meeting Donations for the creation of CWS Emergency Clean-Up Buckets is requested – $75/bucket payable to the Presbytery, Due by May 29 so we have time to purchase the supplies.
- Contact Laura Lupton or Jason Hammersley for More Information
Next Full Presbytery Meeting:
- Full Presbytery Meetings:
- Saturday, October 20, 2018 at St Andrews-Covenant Presbyterian Church in Wilmington, NC
Proposed 2019 Full Presbytery Meeting Dates and Places
- March 2, 2019 (Saturday) – Laurinburg Presbyterian Church
- October 19, 2019 (Saturday) – First Presbyterian Church, Dunn
- March 2020 (TBA) – Pollocksville Presbyterian Church has indicated an interest in hosting . Date to be determined according to availability of the Jones County Civic Center in Trenton.
- Full Presbytery Meeting, March 3, 2018 Packet for March 3, 2018 Presbytery meeting
Central Community: January 27, 2018 at St Pauls PC
Fall 2017 – Full Presbytery Meeting Summary
West Community Gathering
Packet Here West Community Gathering was Thursday, Dec 7, 9AM at Raeford Presbyterian Church featured Jill Duffield of the Presbyterian Outlook.
Fall 2017 Whole Presbytery Meeting
The Fall 2017 Meeting is October 14, 2017
at First Presbyterian Church of Fayetteville
- Complete Packet is here for your review.
- All churches are to elect a commissioner to this meeting of Presbytery. Or Request an excused absence via email to JanKrause@presbycc.org
Summer 2017 Meetings of the Communities
- East – June 10, 2017
- West – June 10, 2017
Central – June 3, 2017
Spring 2017 Whole Presbytery Meeting
was March 25, 2017 at First Presbyterian, , Morehead City,
- Subscribe to Presbytery News via Email (3-5 messages per month)
- Bring Resources to return to the Resource Center (Kaye Bledsoe)
- Guidelines for First Time Presbytery Commissioners
Who should request an excused absence?
- A church unable to send a commissioner (Clerk of Session notifies the office)
- Any minister members of Presbytery (except HR minsters) unable to attend
- Committee chairpersons and Commissioned Ruling Elders unable to attend
- To request an excused absence from the meeting, please email email@example.com