Join PUSH Week – October 30 to Nov 4
Presbyterians Utilizing Servant Hands
to love our neighbor as ourselves
by pushing forward the restoration of flooded homes in time for the holidays.
We are calling all Coastal Carolina Presbyterians to PUSH yourself out to volunteer
- Can you Push a paint brush?
- Can you Push a mower?
- Can you Push yourself?
- Can you Push some siding up on the house?
- Can you follow instructions?
- Will you?
Are you a Presbyterian ready to Utilize your Servant Hands to help neighbors rebuild? Then sign up now for a day of service to help get some families back home for the holidays. Some Utilize your servant hands to help a family be home for the holidays.
Volunteers need to arrive by 9AM for orientation. The site address will be emailed to you closer to the work week.
Other ways to help PUSH :
- Registration volunteers are needed each morning from 8:30AM to 10AM. Contact Laura Lupton or Clarence Page to volunteer.
- Assistance providing lunch each day is welcome.
- a Photographer is needed on each site.
Volunteers will receive a free PDA t-shirt and lunch will be provided on site each day by a local Presbyterian Church.
Purpose of PUSH Week:
To engage Presbyterians in living our Christ inspired compassion and service by getting to know persons recovering from hurricane flood waters and meeting their needs. We do this by providing volunteers to work in assist in rebuilding the homes of survivors of Hurricane Matthew.
Work Day Supervision:
The work sites are run by UMCOR in Fayetteville and UMCOR or Baptists in Mission (Baptist Men) in Lumberton. Materials will be on site. Volunteers may bring personal tools.
Each person participating is asked to exercise caution aware that all constructions sites are dangerous. Participants will be asked to sign a liability release form indicating they both understand and assume all the risks of participation.
Youth age 16-17 MUST be accompanied by a chaperone or parent at a 5 to 1 ratio. Meaning for every 5 youth there must be at least 1 adult over age 25 accompanying them. NO YOUTH YOUNGER THAN 16 Please.
Funding & Donations:
- Participation is free.
- The Presbytery of Coastal Carolina is using designated donated funds to offset costs of material supplies.
- Donations from participating churches directly to the Cumberland Disaster Recovery Coalition, Presbytery or UMCOR are welcome and encouraged.
LUNCH – REFRESHMENTS:
Each Day an area PCUSA church will be providing lunch and refreshments for the group. If participants have special dietary needs or restrictions, we ask them to please bring a bag lunch.
Pre-Registration is REQUIRED:
- To ensure that we have proper supplies each day.
- To ensure we have enough food for lunch and refreshments
- To know what skills people bring to the site.
- To ensure we have enough PDA t-shirts
- Pre-registration is required. No overnight lodging is provided.
- Participants may register for one or more days. Returning is encouraged!
- Every participant will receive a PDA t-shirt.
- Pre-Registration needed by Monday, October 16.
- Close toed shoes are required.
- Work gloves are strongly recommended.
- Sunscreen & hat are recommended for outdoor work.
- You may bring your own tools but we are not responsible for lost, broken or left behind tools.
- Participants must be 16 or older, Students ages 16 to 18 must have a chaperone or parent with them on site.