The PYC Youth Council Make it FUN!
They plan, lead and invent exciting gatherings of middle and high school students throughout the presbytery. Join in the energy and adventure by coming to one of the events.
Upcoming PYC Events & Adventures:
Montreat Youth Conference
Week 6 – July 29 – Aug 4
Apply to be on Youth Council 2018-2019
Join Youth Council!
If you are a young person in grades 9-12 (or if you know one) and you have an interest in youth and church leadership, we need you! It’s that time of year again when we are taking applications for the Presbytery Youth Council.
The Presbytery of Coastal Carolina Youth Council is a unique opportunity for 9th – 12th graders to gain (and share) valuable leadership skills, learn more about the Presbyterian Church (USA), get to know other youth from the Presbytery, and serve the church in an important and challenging way.
Our Youth Council currently plans several events and there will be youth activities happening in each community.
A few things to make note of as you apply for Youth Council:
- Each member is asked to serve a two year term. You may “renew” when your two year term is up, or you may rotate off after one year if necessary.
- All members must be present at the October Presbytery meeting where we as a council are installed.
- Members are asked to be present for at least two youth council events. This includes planning meetings before events. We will schedule those closer to our events.
Our Current PYC Schedule for the 2017-2018 year:
- End-Of-Year Overnight (for incoming & outgoing PYC) Friday, May 12- Saturday, May 13, 2017 at Little Chapel on the Boardwalk
- PYC Planning Retreat & Training THURSDAY, August 10 – FRIDAY, August 11, 2017 at Camp Monroe (Laurel Hill, NC)
- “All-Girls Slumber Party”* Friday, August 18 – Saturday, Aug. 19
- All Guy Event at Mock Afghan Village
- Presbytery Meeting, Saturday, October 14, 2017 in Fayetteville
- Senior High Retreat, November 18 – 20, 2017
- Confirmation Retreat February
- Middle School Retreat, March 10 – 12, 2018
If you or someone you know would be a good fit for our Youth Council, please download the application below and return it by August 1, 2018.
If you have any questions, or if you are an adult wishing to serve on the Youth Council, please contact Erin Wehrmeister, email@example.com or (910) 578-7724 .
APPLY NOW TO BE PART OF YEAR END PLANNING EVENTS