Presbyterian Women is made up of all women who are members (or friends) of PC(USA) congregations. PW is well known for stimulating Bible studies, world-wide fellowships, and mission outreach efforts both in this country and around the world.
News of The Presbyterian Women of Presbytery
Spring Gathering 2019
- Saturday, April 6 from 9-1 pm.
College Heights Presbyterian Church, 1809 Seabrook Road, Fayetteville, NC 28301
- Registration, Refreshments & Display tables: 8:30-9:30 a.m. (No workshops for this gathering)
- Plenary begins: 10:00 a.m. The entire event will go until 1:00 or so.
- Guest Speaker: Elaine Alderman, Moderator for Synod of the Mid-Atlantic PW Coordinating Team. Elaine hails from Abingdon Presbytery in the great Commonwealth of Virginia. We welcome Elaine and look forward to her message for us as Presbyterian Women in the PCUSA.
- Offering recipient: “Educate a Child, Transform the World” Initiative
“The 221st General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) launched a churchwide initiative calling on Presbyterians to work with partners in the U.S. and worldwide to improve the quality of education for 1 million children by 2020. This initiative builds on our strong Reformed heritage and Presbyterian history of both educational mission and advocacy and support for access to public education. ” Learn more about the initiative by clicking on this link: https://www.presbyterianmission.org/ministries/compassion-peace-justice/child/
Fall Gatherings 2019
- Saturday, August 17 in Laurinburg (West)
- Saturday, August 24, (East ) place to be Announced
In all the below listings, MODERATOR mailings are to be sent to:
PO Box 465, Olivia, NC 28368,
(336) 909-2841, email@example.com
288 Jeffers Rd., Carthage, NC 28327
910-947-2893. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brenda Cameron Email: email@example.com
1084 US 15-501 Hwy.
Carthage NC 28327-8880
Other officers and leaders are listed below.
Other recipients as noted. All “Forms” referenced are available for photocopying and use in the 2018-2019 Handbook for Moderators in the Congregation.
- Due Jan. 31, 2019 – Annual Reports to Moderator ;
- Due Jan. 31, 2019 – 2016 Historian’s Questionnaire (only) to Acting ;
- Due Jan. 31, 2019 – Completed 2018 Deceased Members Form to Facilitator of Spiritual Nurture.
- February 10, 2019, LORENA CLARK PINER SCHOLARSHIP application deadline
- Submission of Lorena Clark Pine Scholarship Nominee ;
- PW Honorary Life Membership Order Form.
- PWCC CT Treasurer reminds us all to allow ample time – 6-8 weeks – for processing and mailing of pin and presentation certificate. and
- 2019 Annual Spring Gathering (April 2019).
Wishing you all Peace each Day,
Communicating Secretary for the PWCC Coordinating Team
For Upcoming Events and Announcements, please contact your Presbyterian Women Regional Communicator
PW Resources & Forms:
- Lorena Clark Piner scholarship information (2019)
- Remittance Form
- Annual Report Form
- Mission Pledge Form
- Historian Report (PW) Form
- Historian Helps for PW Historians
- PW Constitution and Bylaws
- PW Expense Voucher for CT
LINKS For Presbyterian Women
- General Information about Presbyterian Women: www.presbyterianmission.org/ministries/pw/
- Information about Horizons Magazine and Bible studies: horizons.pcusa.org
- PW Honorary Lifetime Membership Information
2018-2019 Other PW Officers
Beth Ricci, 168 McMillan Ave., Wallace, NC 28466 Phone # 910-284-2116, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cynthia Avery, 2317 Oakley Rd., Castle Hayne, NC 28429 Phone # 910-762-3443, email: email@example.com
Brenda Cameron, 1084 US Hwy 15-501, Carthage, NC 28327 Phone # 910-947-2199, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Antoniette Kelly, 180 Burle Rd., Carthage, NC 28327 Phone # 919-842-1970, email: email@example.com
Moderator of Search:
Fayetteville, NC 28311, 910-488-2602, : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilitator of Spiritual Nurture:
Sanford, NC 27332, 919-498-0894, email@example.com
Facilitator of Racial Ethnic Issues/Prison Ministry:
Fayetteville, NC 28301, 910-977-0680, 910-488-5692, firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilitator of Celebration Giving/Missions:
Southern Pines, NC 28387, 910-692-8233 email@example.com
Leland, NC 28451, 910-371-6648, 910-431-6362 firstname.lastname@example.org
PW Regional Communicators
Helen MacDonald, Carthage, NC 28327, 910-690-2463, email@example.com
Peggy Garnett, 910-483-3354, 910-391-0011, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lugretta Staten, Clarkton, NC 28433, 910-646-1280, email@example.com
Ellen Newbold, (910) 289–4376 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Benson, Wilmington, NC 28403, 910-612-6259, email@example.com