Elder Ministries Enrichment
Elder Enrichment – CRE Saturdays
Commissioned Ruling Elder Continuing Education Training
Ministers, CREs, QREs, and others are welcome to attend the following Continuing Education courses held at the Presbytery office at 807 W. King St., Elizabethtown from 10AM to 3PM.
The 2020 dates are:
- January 18 – Rod Stone, Healthy Congregations
- March 21 – Amanda Bowman, Grief and Loss
- June 20 – Charles Wentz, Conflict Management
- September 19 – Erin Wehrmeister and Jerrod Lowry, Christian Education and Moderating Session Meetings
Pre-register by calling 910-862-8300 x 1 or email De Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Attendees will be notified by the office if a class needs to be rescheduled.)
To Become a Qualified Ruling Elder (Preacher) or Commissioned Ruling Elder (Pastor)…
The Presbytery Recognizes the QRE/CRE programs offered at
- Union Presbyterian Seminary – Pathways to Leadership Learn more at www.upsem.edu/leadership-institute/pathways-learning-leadership-2/
- Dubuque Seminary
- In Spanish at Austin Presbyterian Seminary www.austinseminary.edu/page.cfm?p=3189
- In Spanish taught by Eduardo Moreno in our Presbytery Contact Eduardo
To become a QRE/CRE there additional requirements, please contact the committee or the presbytery office for additional information before beginning a program.
Yearly CRE Reporting
Those who have completed QRE/CRE training are required to meet the requirements of 20 Continuing Education Hours in order to retain their QRE/CRE status.
Membership on the Committee
The Elder Ministries Sub-Committee is a nine-member committee.
If you would like to serve on this committee, please contact Elder Bebe Briggs at email@example.com or call to the Presbytery Office.