Elder Ministries Enrichment
Elder Enrichment – CRE Saturdays
Commissioned Ruling Elder Continuing Education Training
Ministers, CREs, QREs, and others are welcome to attend the following Continuing Education courses.
- February 9th, Doug Cushing, Small Groups Verses Sunday School
- March 16th, Elizabeth Forrester, Pastoral Care
- June 15th, Edna Ann Loftus, How to Interpret a Text
- September 14th, Ron Crossley, the Parables of Jesus, A Jewish Perspective
- Each program begins at 10AM
Pre-register by calling 910-862-8300 x 1 or email De Scott at email@example.com
- If there is a need to reschedule it, we can notify you and
- to ensure there will be enough handouts
- All classes are held at the Presbytery office:
807 W. King Street, Elizabethtown, NC 28337
To Become a Qualified Ruling Elder (Preacher) or Commissioned Ruling Elder (Pastor)…
The Presbytery Recognizes the QRE/CRE programs offered at
- Union Presbyterian Seminary – Pathways to Leadership Learn more at www.upsem.edu/leadership-institute/pathways-learning-leadership-2/
- Dubuque Seminary
- In Spanish at Austin Presbyterian Seminary www.austinseminary.edu/page.cfm?p=3189
- In Spanish taught by Eduardo Moreno in our Presbytery Contact Eduardo
To become a QRE/CRE there additional requirements, please contact the committee or the presbytery office for additional information before beginning a program.
Yearly CRE Reporting
Those who have completed QRE/CRE training are required to meet the requirements of 20 Continuing Education Hours in order to retain their QRE/CRE status.
Membership on the Committee
The Elder Ministries Sub-Committee is a nine-member committee.
If you would like to serve on this committee, please contact Elder Bebe Briggs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call to the Presbytery Office.