Our Presbytery has formed a
Mission Team Traveling
to Puerto Rico in February of 2024
Three Hurricanes – Irma, Maria and Fiona –
have caused tremendous destruction in Puerto Rico.
- Over 1,000 families are still waiting — with homes damaged by wind and rain, storm surge and other forces of nature — for assistance in their rebuilding.
- Insurance payments were not enough.
- Disaster Recovery is a long process made even longer by the pandemic restrictions.
- The hope many of these families is for volunteers to help them rebuild.
- Their dream for safe and secure housing is made possible only through the labor and love of volunteers who hammer, paint, fix and repair so that their restoration come to fruition.
Our Presbytery knows all too well the pain of a hurricane’s furry and devastation. We have received the blessing of work groups coming from other states to help us and our neighbors rebuild.
Let’s return the favor by sending a work team to Puerto Rico in February of 2024.
Presbytery has formed a work team of 25persons to travel to a Presbyterian Disaster Assistance host site in Puerto Rico then work with partner agencies to help in rebuilding work.
The cost of the trip is $1,300 per person. This cost includes airfare from Raleigh to San Juan, transportation, most meals, and lodging. Participants are welcome to ask their home church to financially support both their personal portion of the trip and/or make a gift to support the overall team.
Please share this opportunity with persons in your church
that may be interested to be part of this
Disaster Recovery Work Team to Puerto Rico.
Once persons are selected for the team, a deposit of $500 will be due in Mid-September with the balance due in early January. The exact travel dates will be February 3 to 10, 2024.
If you have questions, please contact Laura Lupton at Lauralupton@presbycc.org 910-818-9938 or David Smithey at 336-466-6370.
Persons or Congregations who feel called to financially support this trip or sponsor participants should remit those generous donations Payable to:
Ebenezer Presbyterian Church
PO Box 397
Coats, NC 27521
MEMO: Puerto Rico Trip Donation
MEMO: Puerto Rico Gift for [NAME of Team Member]
Please promote and publish this announcement
as soon as possible
so folks have time to apply by the deadline.