Join Youth Council 2021-2022!
Youth Council Application Here
Scroll down for all the details and APPLY NOW
Why Presbytery Youth Events?
As Presbyterians we believe in the connectional church. We are called to live out our faith in community. Events such as these help our youth see that their cloud of witnesses is much larger than their local congregation. These events also give every church an opportunity to offer diverse youth programming.
PLUS — The Presbytery Youth Council Make it FUN!
The PYC plan, lead and invent exciting gatherings of middle and high school students throughout the presbytery. Join in the energy and adventure by coming to one (or all) of the events!
Upcoming PYC Events & Adventures:
Exploring Philippians 2: 1-5, students completed challenges
INCLUDING a Presbytery Shirt Design embodying the event theme – available for purchase via Custom-Ink.com Proceeds go to the PCUSA Pentecost Offering and the Presbytery Delegation to Triennium 2022.
EVERYONE is invited to order and support this effort.
MONTREAT YOUTH CONFERENCE
(SUNDAY, AUGUST 1—SATURDAY, AUGUST 6)
- Adult Chaperones & Transportation Assistance
- Cost: $500/person >> Financial Aid Available
- ** Donations from churches/individuals WELCOME! Contact: email@example.com
The Presbytery of Coastal Carolina WILL take a group to Montreat Youth Conference 2021 Week 6. Open to rising 9th grade to graduated Class of 2021. Our group will be considered a “Family Unit” meaning while in housing, masks are not required and our group will utilize Montreat housing (shared bedrooms, bathrooms, and dining).
Masks will be worn during keynote, worship, small group, etc. “Small Groups” will also be smaller than usual (est 15 students). Interactions with youth of other groups will be limited and various areas of campus will be closed (the “Huck” for example). Additional Protocols (including negative COVID test requirements) will be provided ASAP. Limit 25 Participants — transportation will determine final group size. To allow as many churches to participate as possible, there will be an initial limit of 4 participants per church
(this may change depending on registration). Larger groups are encouraged to coordinate directly with Montreat for their own single-church trip.
- Deposit ($75) > May 25
- 2nd Payment ($200) June 18
- Final ($225) > July 9, 2021
Realizing that this late notice may create undue hardship on churches & families, alternate payment schedules may be arranged. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- · PYC Planning & Training > THURSDAY, August 13 – FRIDAY, August 14
- ·Senior High Retreat > Saturday, November 20 – Sunday, November 21
- ·Confirmation Retreat > 1st / 2nd weekend in February—TBD
- Middle School Retreat > Saturday, March 19—Sunday, March 20, 2022
- Presbyterian Youth Triennium
>> July 23-July 29, 2022
International Presbyterian Youth Conference held once every 3 yrs at Purdue University. Limited Delegation size – open to 9th-12th (Class of 2022). Priority to upperclassmen.
Thank you for your support of young people and youth pro grams in our community.
Presbytery Middle School Retreat
- Saturday, March 19 — Sunday, March 20, 2022
Children & Youth Protection Policy of the Presbytery (Adopted May 2017)
Join Youth Council!
If you are a young person in grades 9-12 (or if you know one) and you have an interest in youth and church leadership, we need you! It’s that time of year again when we are taking applications for the Presbytery Youth Council.
The Presbytery of Coastal Carolina Youth Council is a unique opportunity for 9th – 12th graders to gain (and share) valuable leadership skills, learn more about the Presbyterian Church (USA), get to know other youth from the Presbytery, and serve the church in an important and challenging way.
Our Youth Council currently plans several events and there will be youth activities happening in each community.
A few things to make note of as you apply for Youth Council:
- Each member is asked to serve a two year term. You may “renew” when your two year term is up, or you may rotate off after one year if necessary.
- All members must be present at the October Presbytery meeting where we as a council are installed.
- Members are asked to be present for at least two youth council events. This includes planning meetings before events. We will schedule those closer to our events.
- Applications accepted now for 2021-2022
If you have any questions, or if you are an adult wishing to serve on the Youth Council, please contact Erin Wehrmeister, email@example.com or (910) 578-7724 .
Youth Council Application
One thought on “Youth – Presbytery Youth Council”
My name is Megan Petero and I am the youth intern for the summer at Community Presbyterian Church in Pinehurst, NC. I am currently organizing the youth calendar and was hoping to include youth events sponsored by the Presbytery of Coastal Carolina. I can’t seem to find a calendar of 2019-2020 youth events on this website. Could someone direct me to where I could find a calendar or email one to me?