The PYC Youth Council Make it FUN!
They plan, lead and invent exciting gatherings of middle and high school students throughout the presbytery. Join in the energy and adventure by coming to one of the events.
Upcoming PYC Events & Adventures:
Our Current PYC Schedule for the 2017-2018 year:
- Presbytery Meeting, Saturday, October 20, 2017 in Wilmington – Installation of Youth Council – Great Job Y’all
November 17-18 >>
Senior High Retreat – Camp Kirkwood (Watha, NC)
PYC Arrive: Friday, Nov. 16 *
Retreat: November 17– 18
College Conference at Montreat – January 2019 (ok this is not really PYC but this is where I’m putting it!) Info Packet This event is almost full! Don’t Delay!
- Confirmation Retreat February 1-3, 2019 at Camp Monroe
- March 9-10, 2019 >> Middle School Retreat – Camp Kirkwood (Watha, NC) PYC Arrive: Friday, Mar. 8 * Retreat: March 9-10
- Friday, March 22 – Saturday, March 23 >>> Tentative “30 Hour Famine” experience support World Vision (Mission). Event will include service projects.
- All Guy Event at Mock Afghan Village
Presbytery-Wide All Guy Overnight: “Steadfast.”
– WIll be Rescheduled
– FREE event for guys 6th-12th grade
– RSVP by TBA
- May 2019 TBD >> PYC End-of-Year Beach Retreat
- TRIENNIUM Youth Conference — If you are interested in being on our “GO Team” – a group of adults who coordinate the trip, evaluate delegate applications, and attend the conference — please contact me.
Children & Youth Protection Policy of the Presbytery (Adopted May 2017)
If you are a young person in grades 9-12 (or if you know one) and you have an interest in youth and church leadership, we need you! It’s that time of year again when we are taking applications for the Presbytery Youth Council.
The Presbytery of Coastal Carolina Youth Council is a unique opportunity for 9th – 12th graders to gain (and share) valuable leadership skills, learn more about the Presbyterian Church (USA), get to know other youth from the Presbytery, and serve the church in an important and challenging way.
Our Youth Council currently plans several events and there will be youth activities happening in each community.
A few things to make note of as you apply for Youth Council:
- Each member is asked to serve a two year term. You may “renew” when your two year term is up, or you may rotate off after one year if necessary.
- All members must be present at the October Presbytery meeting where we as a council are installed.
- Members are asked to be present for at least two youth council events. This includes planning meetings before events. We will schedule those closer to our events.
- Applications were Due at the First of August but Contact Erin anyway…
If you have any questions, or if you are an adult wishing to serve on the Youth Council, please contact Erin Wehrmeister, email@example.com or (910) 578-7724 .
APPLY NOW TO BE PART OF YEAR END PLANNING EVENTS