Join Youth Council 2020-2021!
Scroll down for all the details and APPLY NOW
Why Presbytery Youth Events?
As Presbyterians we believe in the connectional church. We are called to live out our faith in community. Events such as these help our youth see that their cloud of witnesses is much larger than their local congregation. These events also give every church an opportunity to offer diverse youth programming.
PLUS — The Presbytery Youth Council Make it FUN!
The PYC plan, lead and invent exciting gatherings of middle and high school students throughout the presbytery. Join in the energy and adventure by coming to one (or all) of the events!
Upcoming PYC Events & Adventures:
Middle School Retreat: March 20-21, 2021 –
PYC Arrive: Friday, Mar. 19
Retreat Begins: Saturday, March 20
Retreat Ends: Sunday, March 21 – Final worship ends before breakfast OR your group may stay as late as noon to enjoy camp activities (such as v-swing and Power Pole)
Youth Leaders – check your email for Info Packets or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Presbytery Youth Council Training – August 2020. Dates TBD/Zoom.
5. Senior High Retreat @ Camp Kirkwood 2020: Saturday, November 21 – Sunday, November 22. Info available Aug 2020.
Children & Youth Protection Policy of the Presbytery (Adopted May 2017)
Join Youth Council!
If you are a young person in grades 9-12 (or if you know one) and you have an interest in youth and church leadership, we need you! It’s that time of year again when we are taking applications for the Presbytery Youth Council.
The Presbytery of Coastal Carolina Youth Council is a unique opportunity for 9th – 12th graders to gain (and share) valuable leadership skills, learn more about the Presbyterian Church (USA), get to know other youth from the Presbytery, and serve the church in an important and challenging way.
Our Youth Council currently plans several events and there will be youth activities happening in each community.
A few things to make note of as you apply for Youth Council:
- Each member is asked to serve a two year term. You may “renew” when your two year term is up, or you may rotate off after one year if necessary.
- All members must be present at the October Presbytery meeting where we as a council are installed.
- Members are asked to be present for at least two youth council events. This includes planning meetings before events. We will schedule those closer to our events.
- Applications accepted now for 2020-2021
If you have any questions, or if you are an adult wishing to serve on the Youth Council, please contact Erin Wehrmeister, email@example.com or (910) 578-7724 .