Seek and pursue peace it. Proverbs 34:14
The Mozell Howie 2017 Peacemaking Scholarship for High School Seniors
The Peacemaking Committee of Coastal Carolina Presbytery
will offer two $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors enrolling in college by the fall of 2017. All essays must be received by 5 p.m. on April 25.
Rules for Scholarship Consideration:
1. The student must be a senior in high school.
2. The student must be active in a Presbyterian Church in Coastal Carolina Presbytery.
3. The student is asked to submit an essay in response to the following question:
What do you see as the most pressing peacemaking issue of our time,
and how wil you seek to address it through your studies and beyond?
4. Essay must be typed, properly referenced, not exceed 1,000 words and include the student’s name, contact information, home church, and college they are attending.
5. All essays must be received by 5 p.m. on April 25. *Email submission is preferred.*
6. The winners will be notified and then presented with their award at a regional presbytery meeting.
Scholarship Essays must be submitted to:
Rev. Whitney Wilkinson
Cameron Presbyterian Church
P.O. Box 68
Cameron, NC 28326
or by email to
Contact Whitney Wilkinson by email or at (910) 245-7901